- Anti-Trafficking workers
- Campus Professionals
- Students, Campus, Community, and Youth Organizers
- Male allies to the women's and ending violence movements
- Faith communities working for social justice
- Legal and Justice System professionals
- Activists and all others who are interested examining the intersections of (e.g., gender, sexual orientation, race, culture, ability)
Monday, January 24, 2011
The 36th National Conference on Men & Masculinity (M&M), "Breaking Out of the Box: Changing Perspectives & Redefining Masculinity" will address men's perception and misperception around issues concerning consent, rape, and bystander intervention. Please join us at Florida State University, Talahassee, FL, April1-3, 2011, for an exciting conference in support of local initiatives.
The conference programming addresses a broad range of issues and social norms pertaining to men and masculinity and the analysis and prevention of sexual assault. NOMAS emphasizes the interrelated factors of societal abuse of power and domination in the forms of sexism, racism, homophobia, classism, anti-Semitism, able-bodyism, ageism and other oppressions that influence social inequalities, the construction of gender, and the perpetration of all forms of violence.