Tuesday, November 15, 2011

"Over It"

This link pretty much speaks for itself. "1 out of 3 women will be raped or beaten in her lifetime" and as sad as this is it gives me the motivation/drive to speak up and take action. Growth requires for you to look at who you are and question yourself (ideals, moral, values, identity, speech, dress etc).

"I am over women still being silent about rape, because they are made to believe it's their fault or they did something to make it happen."

I am over being silent. And I am over accepting a culture that allows such a constant disrespect of women. After reading this I knew that I had to change the way I talk (using words like bitch or pussy to degrade someone), the music I listen to and in general I have to be more aware of the culture I participate in. More importantly I have to ask all the men in my life where have you been?

"I am over the passivity of good men. Where the hell are you?

You live with us, make love with us, father us, befriend us, brother us, get nurtured and mothered and eternally supported by us, so why aren't you standing with us? Why aren't you driven to the point of madness and action by the rape and humiliation of us?"

No comments: