Saturday, October 28, 2017

Everything is different on TV from what I am trying to teach my children.. What do I do?

Its Friday night and my children want to watch one of their favorite programs on their favorite child network. I decide to sit down and watch with them and notice the behavior of the actors are quite different from what I am trying to teach my children. There is a male villain who is very feminine taking control of the minds of the two main actors and making them do some very questionable things. The two character are acting very homoerotic and I am getting very comfortable watching this but my children seem to love it. These two super hero's are typically very masculine and take down villains on each episode but this particular one they are losing the battle to a villain who is very feminine, wearing a ton of make up and gesturing in ways that in my opinion should not be on a children's television network. My kids ask me Daddy why is that man acting that way.. Its too early to be having this conversation with my kids. I know its as easy as to not let them watch this program, and I am seriously considering. But other than that, WHAT DO I DO??

No comments: