Tonight we had our first men against rape meeting! We do not have a set meeting day or time. Ross will be posting his available dates within the next week. Tonight we went over;
- MAR should be a group where men can have space to openly talk about violence, and to reach out to men that are not in the feminist scene.
- Our main goal is to get visability at UCF, examples would be; tabeling at orientation, tabeling outside Student Union, Facebook, bulletin boards, and interfacing with Greeks and other organizations?!
- We would like to hold small events for such organizations so everyone can see what MAR is about, for example getting Michael Freeman and Dr. Young to speak.
- We dicussed having just the men in the group going to the frats and men only being able to be appointed officers.
- We want to promote on our advertising by including strong messages & direct images.
- We plan on all raised money to go to Animal Safehouse.
- We all agree this should be a consensus democracy, meaning everyone agrees!
Hope to see everyone at the next meeting! Feel free to e-mail Ross with any questions.