Monday, December 3, 2012

Masculinity in Disney

Unsure as to why I have not been sharing my research along (lol) I thought this student project surrounding masculinity in Disney films should be shared here. For me, I have been so fixated on "undoing" the effects of unattainable images that my nieces get from these films, that I have rarely focused on the masculinity viewpoint as it concerns my nephews.  Nonetheless, I have become more aware of the socialization of my nephews as of late and was researching this a few months ago.  The creator and narrator of the short points out that in the end, these films wind up "leaving many boys feeling physically inadequate and emotionally detached".



note the bodies of all family members: the daughter is super thin the mother is shapely 
the father is huge and the son is following suit



No comments: