Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Toxic Masculinity in Ads



Being an advertising and public relations major, I have studied advertisements left and right. After taking my Women and Gender studies courses, I have come to realize that there are many faults in the advertising world when it comes to men and women. I found an ad that really stuck with me,  
this ad above made me cringe so hard. We constantly talk about how many are objectified and made to feel bad in advertisements so that we pay money to change our bodies because it makes us feel less than. When I saw this I really felt awful for how men and young must perceive themselves after looking at this advertisement, that with this Axe body spray they would turn into more of a man with the muscles and the hair. I find this pretty disturbing.
I read an entire article about toxic masculinity, the link is located below.
http://affinitymagazine.us/2017/08/16/lets-talk-about-toxic-masculinity-in-mens-product-ads/

No comments: