Friday, November 3, 2017

American Horror Story - view on gay men

SPOILER AHEAD!!!

I'm a huge fan of American Horror Story and this season in particular is really touching on the current state of affairs here in the US.  An episode two weeks ago really spoke to me about masculinity and gay men.  One of the characters is a gay policeman but even though he has sex with men refuses to admit to being gay because... well he's a man.  Evan Peter's character gives a twisted but interesting turn on explain how this character needs a man not a woman but it's not because he's gay.  I've recorded the 2 minute part and am attaching wondering what anyone else thinks...


I apologize now for any content that is unsuitable... I personally am not offended or upset about the scene and I'm not trying to offend anyone else.  I also apologize for the very poor video quality.  I had the most difficult time trying to get the episode to play online.


No comments: