Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Image result for toxic masculinity
One of the most significant affects toxic masculinity has had on my relationship is the inability to have a levelheaded discussion about emotions without hitting some sort of wall of self defense in which men feel too exposed or vulnerable to express true emotions. They withdraw, becoming defensive, and any progress towards healthy emotional labor is essentially destroyed. I've learned that it takes a long time in my relationships for men to feel comfortable expressing their emotions, which leads them to seem distant or passive, even uncaring in light of any issues I have which in turn makes me feel isolated, or as if my partner does not care about my emotions, when in reality, they may care, but do not feel comfortable expressing that.

No comments: