Tuesday, November 13, 2018

RuPaul’s Drag Race



For so long, main stream society has benefited from the cultures and social spheres of the oppressed and marginalized. Drag for me (and I would assume many others) was introduced as something very bad and inappropriate as it was likened to homosexuality. Over time I have been exposed to more and more of it via film, television, as well as in person. For me, drag is most definitely art. Outside looking in one might surmise that its just a man in make up and women's clothes however, drag much like great art takes time to conceptualize but also construct. Oddly enough, drag isn't devoid of masculinity to me. It is a performative art so I often see various "looks" from various queens which tells a different story and carries a different attitude. I've previously mentioned that I believe everyone to have masculine and feminine energies and I believe drag to have a balance of both.

No comments: