Wednesday, November 7, 2018

"Real Men Don't"

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4062033/

I thought that this article is important to understand because they discuss the problems with masculinity and health. They talk about the lack of men that take care of themselves when it comes to health. They describe this stigma around going to medical professionals because the men interviewed don't find it necessary. For example, when it comes to one-night stands, chances are, they will not go to a doctor afterwards to test for sexually transmitted diseases. I think that it is a very insightful article about a topic that I wasn't really aware of in the first place. Now that I look back at it, my dad would go through the same thing. He would choose not to go to the doctor and just "tough it out." It can be detrimental when it is life threatening!

No comments: