Monday, November 12, 2018

Responding to Wrestling with Manhood

In class, we had to watch a video clip called "Wrestling With Manhood", which was about the world of wrestling. I thought this was an interesting clip because I have become desensitized to WWE. I don't watch it myself but I really don't think about the consequences it has had on society. It struck me that we are not only watching violence, but we are condoning it as well. This violence is towards both males and females. We watching men beat on other men and women and we call that entertainment. Fake or not, it's something I do not agree with. That shows me that little boys watching this might grow up thinking it's okay to be violent towards women because it's entertaining or funny. I've never been a fan of WWE and I hope that one day we can choose another form of entertainment for ourselves and our children.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikDXcfzA848

No comments: