Monday, April 14, 2014

Feminism Needs Men. Men Need Feminism

I read an article this week that is available to you at: 
http://www.xyonline.net/content/feminism-needs-men-men-need-feminism
The title is "Feminism Needs Men. Men Need Feminism". The article made me want to dig a little deeper to see what people thought about this, especially men. The Google search of images left me with so many examples. I wanted to share a few with you today...







Ignorantly, I had never truly considered what it would be like for men if feminism didn't exist. How things may be different, if maybe men who advocate feminism now - what would it be like for them if feminism didn't exist?
I am a big believer that there is strength in numbers. With women being roughly 51% of the population, but only a small percentage of them standing up for their own rights, we need as many people as we can to advocate for feminism. As you can see, this is not a single gender issue. Feminism affects everyone. 
These images really impacted me, and my impression of men advocating feminism... Are there any images you've found that really speak to you?






And one last one for the road, just because this is so darn funny:



No comments: