Tuesday, November 15, 2016

A Glimpse of Men as Allies

In light of the anti-Trump sentiment rising up after the 2016 election, numerous protesters have gathered in different cities across the United States, in part, to combat Trump's stance on abortion. In the videos presented in this article, women, men, and transgender people have all come together with cries of "my body, my choice" and a refrain of "their bodies, their choice," which notably comes from men. This show of togetherness made me tear up a little when I first saw it. Just seeing men fighting for reproductive rights, especially when they will never have to go through an unwanted pregnancy or a pregnancy in general, is comforting, at least. This show of understanding is not one I am familiar with, but I am so glad it's happening.

No comments: